All of our server requirements are minimal and are recommended by WordPress team .
Many issues that you may run into such as; white screen, demo content fails when importing, empty page and other similar issues are all related to low PHP configuration limits.
First please check that you are using version php 5.5 >
- The solution is to increase the PHP limits.
- You can do this on your own .
- Find the php.ini file in your Server config files.
- For WAMP, its in apache2/bin/apache2.2.22/bin/php.ini
- Go to the line “max_execution_time=30” .
- Change it to 360 or any other large value.
Contact your web host and ask them to increase those limits to a minimum as follows
- max_execution_time 360
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 32M
- upload_max_filesize 32M
If you get the error CURL error 28 then you will need to talk to your host provider to request they allow the server to call URLs in CURL with PHP.